Coriolis supports live discussion forum BioM Science & Health
BioM Science & Health Forum is the live talk for health research: Meeting point - discussions - ideas from Bavaria for tomorrow's medicine
The FORUM Science & Health is the interdisciplinary meeting point in Bavaria for all actors in applied health research. It connects experts from the fields of biotechnology, medicine, nutrition, medical technology and digitization in order to set new impulses for future-oriented integrated medicine.
- Meeting point, discussions & ideas
- Current topics of future-oriented medicine
- Specialist speakers from all over Bavaria and beyond
- Insights into highlights of the Bavarian biotech cluster
- In 2021 digitally and on online and social media channels
BioM organizes the FORUM Science & Health on behalf of the Bavarian State Ministry for Economic Affairs, Regional Development and Energy.
Coriolis is Gold Sponsor of the upcoming session "CRISPR / Cas, mRNA, gene therapy: How welcome are new hopes?"
New scientific developments have and will help to improve the lives of many people around the world. But, new developments need to be discussed transparently by experts from various disciplines to allow the public to understand their benefits and potential risks. For CRISPR / Cas, mRNA and gene therapy, many people are asking: How valid are these new nucleotide-based, cell or gene therapy approaches in clinical practice? The moderator Jeanne Turczynski, science editor at the Bayerischer Rundfunk BR, discusses with the studio guests, which challenges exist and which course must be set so that the new technological and therapeutic hopefuls can be used with patients in a sustainable and accepted manner.
The guests will be:
- Prof. Dr. Dr. Stefan Engelhardt - Head of the Institute for Pharmacology and Toxicology, TUM
- Prof. Dr. med. Tobias Feuchtinger - Head of Pediatric Hematology, Dr. von Hauner's Children's Hospital, LMU
- Dr. Caroline Man Xu - Co-founder and CEO, ViGeneron
- Expert in (bio)ethics to be announced
The live stream will take place on 1 October 2021 at 12:00 (CEST).
Our ATMP expert Dr. Stefan Heindl will, amongst other experts, be available in a subsequent networking round.